Xceleration is an industry-leading provider of incentive and recognition solutions for corporations looking to drive the performance of their employees, dealers or customers. We utilize our proprietary web-based software platform as a starting point, customizing for each client to maximize results against their objectives. We are currently seeking a Data Engineer to join our growing Charlotte-based team.
The Data Engineer will work with application development and IT operations to help achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives, while at the same time ensuring that the company’s production databases offer the highest reliability and performance possible. This position will involve both hands-on database development for new features being added to our proprietary platform as well as database administration tasks and data solutions architecture.
- Assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for database development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders. Assist in planning and implement capacity and resource expansion to ensure scalability of company databases.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability
- Work with development team to ensure security levels meet company and external audit requirements while facilitating operations and product performance
- Work with development team to improve and oversee database source control and deployment tools and processes
- Provide database code review to ensure standards and best practices are followed as well as provide insight to where efficiencies could be gained
- Assisting with conceptualization of all relevant and requested program performance reporting
- Create solutions for maintaining data integrity and database efficiency
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
Ideal candidates will have:
- 7+ years of experience working with either MS SQL, Oracle, Data warehousing or relevant experience
- Practical understanding Software Development Life Cycle/Software Life Cycle Management
- Fluency in: SQL Server syntax and the Microsoft BI stack; Specifically, SQL Server Integration Services for ETL operations, SSRS report generation, and SQL Server Analysis Services Tabular and/or Cube data modeling and associated syntaxes (DAX,MDX)
- Proficiency in: T-SQL syntax, data warehousing techniques and best practices
- An added bonus if you have experience in using data visualization technologies such as Tableau, Pyramid Analytics or similar technologies
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A strong focus on personal accountability and honest communication with a willingness to admit and learn from mistakes
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate to a variety of audiences
- Ability to embrace alternative points of view, approach problems with ambitious curiosity, and a willingness to take appropriate risks
- Strong focus on process efficiency and driving continuous improvement
- Ability to multitask between regular task requests, small projects and larger ongoing projects
- Ability to prioritize tasks and objectives to meet individual deadlines and team goals
- Ability to work effectively independently, as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Competitive pay, perks, and thoughtful policies: company-paid holidays; generous PTO; flexible scheduling opportunities
- Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Legal, Short/Long-term Disability, 401(k) & Retirement planning
- Open-door culture and professional development opportunities.
- Comfortable, casual work environment – plus coffee and snacks – we want you to enjoy coming to work!
- Participate in the solutions you build! Our employees participate in Xcel!, our internal recognition program. You’ll use RewardStation® – our proprietary software – to give and receive points for a job well done. You can redeem your points in a catalog built just for our team, with exciting merchandise, gift cards, travel & experience options, and more!
A Little More About Us
Xceleration, a significant player in the unique employee engagement space, is headquartered in Charlotte, NC, with regional offices in Atlanta and New York. We provide incentive and recognition solutions for our clients by combining the latest technology with our global expertise and years of industry experience. We encourage you to spend some time on our full-featured website (www.xceleration.com) to learn more about us, the services we provide to our varied clients, and our company culture!
We’re a team of bright, motivated professionals, each of whom brings unique perspectives, experience, ideas, and skills to our roles. Our company culture means everything to us – we call it CARE (Collaborative. Adaptable. Respectful. Efficient.) Every member of our team works hard to exemplify these qualities in every aspect of the work we do each day.
We’re looking for people who genuinely want to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our team. It’s not enough to be a cog in the machine here – and you’ll never be treated like one. We want people who thrive in a fast-paced, flexible environment: people who can think creatively, problem-solve quickly, and who welcome change and challenge with positivity. We’re always pushing ourselves and our solutions forward for our clients. If this sounds like a good fit for you, we hope you’ll join us!